Popular Posts

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Gluten free pizza

From:
http://www.bobsredmill.com/gluten-free-pizza-crust-mix.html

Bob's red mill has gluten free pizza crust so why not...

This wasn't actually my first attempt.  I love pizza but even most gluten free crusts have a corn product in them, and I definitely don't like to do corn, so...

The first time, I think I was thinking the dough will level out like a cookie and it didn't.  I know very little about baking, so no surprise I got it wrong.

This time after mixing the ingredients (and again forgetting the proper way to add the yeast) the dough balls really didn't rise.  However, I still patted out two small pizzas with a much thinner crust -- as thin as I could get it.  I also sprayed cooking spray on the baking sheet.

The toppings were organic basil pasta sauce from a jar, lots of it -- make sure every inch of the dough it covered.  It can help mask some of the inadequacies of the dough.  We added some veggies (olives, onions, tomatoes) and some turkey pepperoni.  Then, top it with a ton of cheese.

Don't forget to add some oregano or basil on top of the cheese!

It was pretty darn good...or close enough for not having to leave my house nor have a reaction to corn product.

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment